Definition and function of cookies. A cookie is a text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a Web server and only that server will be able to retrieve or read the contents of the cookie and allow the Web Site to remember browsing preferences and navigate efficiently. Cookies make the interaction between the user and the Web site faster and easier.
**How do cookies work? Cookies can only store text, which is usually always anonymous and encrypted. No personal information will be stored in a cookie, nor can they be associated with an identified or identifiable person.
The data allows this Web to keep your information between pages, and also to analyze how you interact with the Web site. Cookies are secure because they can only store information that is put in place by the browser, which is information that the user has entered in the browser or that which is included in the page request. It cannot execute code and cannot be used to access your computer. If a website encrypts the cookie information, only the website can read the information.
**What types of cookies do we use? The cookies used by this website can be distinguished according to the following criteria:
- types of cookies according to the entity that manages them:
Depending on who is the entity that manages the equipment or domain from where the cookies are sent and treat the data obtained, we can distinguish:
- Own Cookies : These are those that are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: These are those that are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies. In the event that cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself but the information collected through these is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as own cookies.
- Types of cookies according to the period of time they remain activated:
According to the period of time they remain activated in the terminal equipment we can distinguish:
- Session Cookies : These are a type of cookies designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are usually used to store information that is only of interest to keep for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (e.g. a list of products purchased).
- Persistent cookies: These are a type of cookie in which the data remains stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the cookie manager, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
- Types of cookies according to their purpose:
Depending on the purpose for which the data obtained through cookies are processed, we can distinguish between:
- Technical Cookies : These are those that allow the user to navigate through a website, platform or application and the use of the different options or services it exist as, for example, control traffic and data communication, identify the session, access parts of restricted access, remember the elements that make up an order, make the buying process of an order, make the application for registration or participation in an event, use security features while browsing, store content for broadcast video or sound or share content via social networks.
- Customization Cookies: These are those that allow the user to access the service with some general characteristics predefined according to a series of criteria in the user's terminal such as the language, the type of browser through which you access the service, the locale from which you access the service, etc..
- Analysis Cookies: These are those that allow the person responsible for them, monitoring and analyzing the behavior of users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used to measure the activity of the websites, application or platform and for the elaboration of browsing profiles of the users of such sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the usage data of the users of the service.
Revocation and deletion of cookies. You can allow, block or delete cookies installed on your computer by configuring the browser options installed on your computer, in case you do not allow the installation of cookies on your browser you may not be able to access any of the sections of our website.
All modern browsers allow you to change the cookie settings. These settings are usually found in the 'options' or 'Preferences' menu of your browser.
Internet Explorer: Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy -> Settings. For more information, you can consult Microsoft support or the browser's Help.
Firefox: Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> History -> Custom Settings. For more information, you can consult Mozilla support or browser Help.
Chrome: Settings -> Show advanced options -> Privacy -> Privacy -> Content settings. For more information, you can consult Google support or browser Help.
Safari: Preferences -> Security. For more information, you can consult Apple support or browser Help.